Thursday, October 1, 2009

welcome october!

The moon is full, the autumn nights grow longer,

In the north forests startled crows cry out.

Still high overhead, the star river stretches,

The Dipper's handle set to southwest.

The cold cricket grieves deep in the chambers,

Of the notes of sweet birds, none remain.

Then one evening gusts of autumn come,

One who sleeps alone thinks fondly on thick quilts

Past loves are a thousand miles farther each day,

Blocked from my drifting and my sinking.

Man's life is not as the grass and trees,

Still the season's changes can stir the heart.

- WEI YING WU

2 comments:

Doris Sturm said...

Hello,

Welcome October indeed! It's finally cooling down a bit. I've been waiting for a long time.

I'm having a pet costume contest on my blog if you would like to participate, or pass it on? The winner can pick $15 worth from my shop and I will pay for free standard shipping ;-)

http://www.CrochetinginGeorgia.blogspot.com

Everyone's welcomed!

Lonesome Road Studio said...

How cute! I lots of dogs on their way to a pet costume contest at the Scarecrow Festival.
I'll check it out!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails