- Beautiful merino yarns; the green was purchased from Knitspin.
- Wonderful Tagua Nut buttons... "vegetable ivory" from the Amazon rainforest. The purchase of these buttons supports the employment of 35,000 native people, helping to maintain the trees and ultimately stabilize the rainforest. (Chong the Cat needed to inspect these.)
- Simple and richly colored recycled-sweater coasters by ReSweater; beautiful for the spare bedroom!
- And of course, I managed to find beads! These are "Soul of Somanya" beads, created in Ghana... "creating art, transforming lives."
- Adorable Shepherd's Pride Apple Spice goats milk soap from Vickie's Raspberry Hollow of Burlington, Iowa.
Saturday, September 19, 2009
fiber in the park festival 2009
Today I had the honor of meeting another Etsy shop owner - Knitspin of Naperville, Illinois! Today the third annual Fiber in the Park Festival was held at Shabbona Park in Earlville, Illinois; it's a wonderful event and its popularity grows more each and every year, attracting vendors and shoppers from all over the midwest. Here we are, Knitspin and Lonesome Road Studio:
At the top, from bottom to top, here are some of the treasures that I found...
Posted by Lonesome Road Studio