- 1 to 3 small cloves of garlic, minced (I used 1 small clove, but use more if you adore garlic!)
- 3 large green onions, white part and a bit of green, minced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar (I used a white balsamic vinegar so the colors of the potatoes would remain true)
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary (or 1 teaspoon dried), minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Sunday, March 28, 2010
one potato, two potato - new potato!
what better way to enjoy spring's special produce?
The gorgeous little potatoes and fresh onions above were later transformed into one of the best potato salads I have ever tasted, Garlicky Potato Salad.
This vinaigrette-style potato salad is the perfect accompaniment to grilled foods and keeps well for picnics and other outdoor events.
Using 1-1/2 pounds of potatoes, I started out by cutting the small potatoes in half (in quarters in some cases) and cooked them for about 10 minutes. And yes, the blue potatoes retain their unusual color! The vinaigrette is easy to whip up while the potatoes are cooking, then drain and toss the warm potatoes with the dressing so they can soak up all that luscious garlicky flavor.
For the vinaigrette, combine:
That's it - it's that simple! Chill the salad for a bit, and allow to warm up to room temperature slightly before serving. This serves approximately 6.