Thursday, January 28, 2010

forever in my heart

Gearing up for a challenge is always fun, and the monthly team challenges of Team EFA Etsy for Animals is double fun. First the artist challenged either by concept or technique, then when the submissions are posted on the team blog it's inspiring to see what others have created as well.
Team EFA's February challenge was "Forever In My Heart - for the animals past, present and future that have left an imprint on our hearts." Although I have had many beloved cat friends, one stood out in particular. From the moment I saw Claude at the animal shelter, I knew we were going to be lifelong friends. And we were. Claude passed on in October of 2008; I don't know exactly how old he really was but the vet figured that he was probably at least 18.
Claude was possibly the sweetest cat ever, with the kindest expression and gentle ways. Looking back, he was also the most sickly of my original four cats and I always expected him to be the first to go, but he was the last. He and the others will always be forever in my heart, and as my submission to the team challenge, I created the "Meow-Shaped Heart" pendant with my own original art and soul.
If you're considering a new pet, please please please consider a shelter animal. All of my loving cats were/are either shelter cats or strays, and my Jane the Dog is a wonderful example of a precious furbaby adopted from a pet rescue group. Remember also that the month of February is Spay and Neuter month and the last Tuesday in February is the Humane Society's "Spay Day."
In addition, Team EFA Etsy for Animals is working with World Society for the Protection of Animals (WSPA) and their Haiti Disaster Relief Appeal for animal victims of the earthquake in Haiti. For more information or to donate, click here.

4 comments:

mvegan said...

Beautiful kitty, necklace, and work helping animals ;) Thank you for being a part of EFA and promoting here too! ;0)

Nancy Grönholm said...

Such a beautiful memory! A lovely pendant ot keep forever. BTW, I noticed your butterly earrings in the shop - gorgeous! :)

tattytiara said...

Yes, shelter animals are awesome, and yes, so is that pendant. Beautiful tribute.

cabin + cub said...

Awww. so cute! (both Claude the cat and the pendant) ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails