Thursday, October 7, 2010

necessary indulgences

Fun at 4:20. Or not.
Slow Down and Smell the ... Bacon. Or Cinnamon Apples.
There's nothing quite like having a day to yourself. No slogging along thanklessly for "The Man," no scurrying around running errands all day. No hurried weeknight dinners designed around everyone else's schedule. Eat dinner at 4:20? What am I, ninety years old? Didn't I just eat lunch about 3 hours ago? 4:20 might be time for something but it's not time to shovel in an uninspired supper.
So today was MY day to indulge myself with a nice brunch. Not only do I get tired of off-schedule eating and the accompanying crummy dietary habits it creates, but I like to cook - when I have the time to stretch out and experiment. Not just slapping something in the oven on a pizza pan for twenty minutes and calling it dinner.
This particular day I was craving something breakfast-y and this scramble with bacon, caramelized onions, and melty rich Brie cheese was just the thing. A side of sauteed Granny Smith apples dusted with cinnamon was the perfect accompaniment.
Maybe I'll incorporate it into a weekend breakfast someday.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Well geez, ou didn't even box some and mail it to me?!?! That looks amazing!

Lonesome Road Studio said...

I'll trade you for one of your Oralgasm treats!

Anonymous said...

Hey Lonsome. Thanks for picking me up to follow. I love this here recipe. I think I might adopt it for a holiday foccacia pizza I am planning! Pscyched!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails