- a little more than two cups of shredded cabbage (cole slaw mix is fine)
- eight cherry tomatoes, seeded and quartered;
- six pickled jalapeno slices, chopped;
- 3 slices red onion, diced;
- one green onion, sliced white and part of the green
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- the juice of two limes
- three teaspoons of the jalapeno pickling juice.
Toss with the prepared vegetables; add salt to taste if you wish and chill for a while in the refrigerator to allow the flavors to blend.
For each taco, you may either chop up the grilled fish slightly and serve loosely, or serve fillets in one piece in a tortilla. Top with the tangy, crunchy slaw . I also like to add chopped avocado. The combination of the hot, smokey-grilled fish and the cold, crisp slaw is irresistible and it makes the perfect quick and healthy summer dinner al fresco with an ice-cold cerveza or of course, a frozen margarita.